Recomended Service & Maintenance of the TurboKool Unit
Recommended Routine Maintenance
1. Every 6 months or as needed, remove the filter and clean by hosing down with water from outer surface inward, or soak in a bucket of soap & water or apple cider vinegar to loosen dirt, alkaline etc. If your TurboKOOL is used in certain areas where the water has high alkali content, it may be desirable to clean more often. In these areas it may be to your advantage to have an extra filter on hand.
2. Check the spin-spray pump cone for caking of alkali and clean off with fine steel wool. Make sure the holes at top of cone are not clogged. Since the inside of the cone pump can also become caked with alkali, you may wish to replace it periodically if performance drops.
3. The motor is equipped with factory oiled and sealed bearings. Under normal use, the bearings need no additional oil. If used in high alkali areas for long periods of time, a drop of oil in the lower bearing (3-in-1 or sewing machine oil) will help. We recommend that you turn on your TurboKOOL, either wet or dry, at least once a month and run for 5 minutes or more, even during the off season.
4. Before the start of the warm season, check the condition of the filter, motor mount grommets and wiring. Replace if they are cracked, brittle or deteriorating.
5. To clean the circular waterpan, remove the hood and 4 screws, and the 3 screws holding the motor mount assembly. Remove (as an assembly) - the motor, 10" fan and the spin-spray pump. Gently turn over and lay to one side. Remove the filter. Remove the two thumb screws holding the baffle ring onto the water tray. You may now wipe out the circular water tray.
6. Contact your local dealer or PRV Parts, LLC for any parts required, or for assistance in case you encounter problems.